Interests in Michigan real estate have been referred to by experts and commentators as the “bundle of sticks.” The real estate lawyers at Gielow Groom Terpstra & McEvoy’s Muskegon law firm have years of experience in handling a wide variety of real estate matters. Leading industry publications such as Best Lawyers in America and Michigan Super Lawyers have named our lawyers as some of the best attorneys in Michigan and the country. Our distinguished Muskegon attorneys are leaders on real estate matters and have written numerous real estate articles and analyses. As a result of our extensive experience and expertise, we understand the unique characteristics of each stick in the bundle and are able to provide our clients with quick and sound legal advice in real estate matters.
Our local Muskegon real estate attorneys also understand that real estate transactions involve many participants who must work cooperatively to ensure a successful outcome for our clients. We collaborate with owners, lenders, appraisers, title companies, developers, environmental consultants, architects, surveyors, geotechnical engineers, and CPAs to achieve our clients’ real estate objectives. We engage outside consultants and experts to provide in-depth, non-legal expertise to facilitate our clients’ needs. This sort of “partnering” provides our clients with the best of both worlds.
Services we offer:
- We assist clients in preparing an array of real estate documents, including purchase agreements, options, easements, rights of first refusal, land contracts, mortgages, leases, license agreements, construction liens, development agreements, access agreements, exchange agreements, and construction contracts.
- We provide support to clients from start to finish in real estate transactions, including obtaining and reviewing title commitments, surveys, appraisals, environmental assessments, zoning verifications, and other due diligence materials.
- We have extensive expertise in condominium law and represent developers, associations, and co-owners in the creation and administration of various types of condominium projects, including residential, commercial, industrial, medical, and mixed-use projects.
- Often times, real estate matters can involve complex issues that require resolution. We have extensive experience in handling a wide variety of issues presented by real estate transactions, such as purchasing contaminated properties, addressing geo-challenged site problems, and resolving title, zoning, easement and boundary line issues so that time-sensitive transactions can proceed.
- We have significant experience in real estate finance transactions and represent both borrowers and lenders in connection with preparing and negotiating loan documentation.
- We have a deep understanding of the Michigan Construction Lien Act and have been able to successfully assist owners, contractors and subcontractors in resolving payment and lien disputes, which often arise during development of properties in a “down” economy. We also assist contractors and subcontractors in preparing and recording construction liens and, when necessary, suing to foreclose upon construction liens.
- Our expertise in real estate law also allows us to effectively represent large farming groups and owners who frequently buy, sell, and lease large tracts of agricultural properties throughout the state of Michigan, as most agricultural issues are deeply rooted in property law.
- Moreover, we are one of the only Muskegon law firms to fully understand the nuances and complexity of historical contamination and Brownfield development. As such, we can assist clients in obtaining tax credits, grants, and loans, which allows us to effectively serve our clients who wish to acquire and develop environmentally challenged industrial and commercial sites.