Protection of our surface water and groundwater resources is of vital importance.  In Michigan, water discharge permitting and regulation exist in the following areas:

  • Direct Wastewater Discharges (both to surface water and to the ground)
  • Storm Water Discharges
  • Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs)
  • Ballast Water Control Permit
  • Pesticide Control Permit

Depending on the type of activity and specific nature of the discharge, you may be eligible for a general permit.  It is also important to understand the scope of exemptions allowed in each area, and to determine if the activity in question qualifies for an exemption.

Please contact us if you need assistance or have questions about surface water or groundwater discharge permitting requirements or exemptions.

Links of Interest:

Michigan EGLE’s NPDES Permit Program

Michigan EGLE’s Storm Water Website

Michigan EGLE’s CAFO Website

Michigan EGLE’s Ballast Water Control website

Michigan EGLE’s Pesticide Control Permit website