In an uncertain world, one of the greatest gifts you can provide your family is peace of mind. A good estate plan – one that addresses guardianship for your children, appoints durable power of attorney for your health care and financial matters, and directs the distribution of your assets – is essential.
Unfortunately, people often avoid estate planning because the topic is uncomfortable or the process can seem overwhelming. Worse yet, some attorneys try to use a “one-size-fits-all” approach even though your estate plan should be as unique as your life story.
Our attorneys take the time to listen to your story, answer your questions, and put your fears to rest. Moreover, our attorneys understand that your estate plan is only one piece of your complex life. We make sure that your estate plan aligns with all the other pieces of your life, including business succession planning, long-term care planning, and the transfer of real estate interests. As a result, our clients receive an estate plan that is tailored to their specific desires and priorities.
An estate plan can help you:
- Avoid probate
- Avoid potential estate taxes
- Ensure your estate is distributed according to your desires and priorities
- Ensure your family is provided for in the future
- Trusts (and funding your Trust with personal assets)
- Financial Power of Attorney
- Healthcare Power of Attorney/Patient Advocate Designation
- Business Succession Planning
- Assistance with Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Estate Tax Reduction Strategies
- Special Needs Trusts